|In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, institutions need to channelize its efforts and measures towards promoting the holistic academic excellence including the peer committee recommendations|
|To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for GITA Bhubaneswar through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support|
|• To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of GITA Bhubaneswar.
• To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
|Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
• Development and application of quality benchmarks.
• Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
• Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
• Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
• Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
• Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
• Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
• Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
• Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
• Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
| Shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
• Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
• Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
• Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
• Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
• The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
• Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
• Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
|Will facilitate / contribute to:
• Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
• Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
• Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
• Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
• Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
• Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
|• Accreditation – NAAC, NBS
• National Ranking – NIRF, QS I.TOI.
• International Ranking/Rating – QS, QS STAR.
• AICTE Approval for professional courses.
• Media Rankings.
• MHRD All India Survey for Higher Education.
• Swachhta Ranking.
• Feedback from stakeholders.
• Curriculum for Applied Learning.
• Promoting Technology Enhanced Learning - MOOC.
• Annual Quality Assurance Report.
|Management Representatives||Dean Administration|
|Administrative Representatives||Controller of Academics
Director Rankings & Accreditations
Dean Students welfare
Director - Placement and Training
Chief Finance Officer
|Teachers representatives||Dr. Manoj Pradhan, HOD-ME
Dr. Jaygopal Jena, HOD-CE
Dr. Saroj Kumar Dash, HOD-EE
Dr. Gopinath Polai, HOD-ECE
Dr. Tarini Prasad Panigrahi, HOD-CSE
|Local Society Representative||Mr. C R Patnaik|
|Student representatives||Saurabh Kumar Jha
|Alumni representative||Mr. Sukalyan Das, KritiTech|
|Employer/Industrialist representatives||Mr. J K Rath, Mechem|
|External Academia representative||Dr. Subash Mishra|
|Stakeholder (Parent) representative||Mr. Rash Bihari Mishra|
|IQAC Coordinator||Prof . N P Patro|