GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE, formerly Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement is a well-known name in the field of technical education. Founded in 2004 & situated in the outskirts of Bhubaneswar, the college is a part of the famous Vidya Bharati Educational Trust – founder of the famed GIET University, Gunupur. GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE has created a name for itself in the field of technical education in eastern India. The college is a trendsetter in the field of quality education and crafting successful engineers out of its students. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, recognized by Govt. of Odisha and is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela. GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE has been accredited twice by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. Five of its engineering programmes have been accredited by NBA. GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE has been granted graded autonomy status since 2020.
Admission to Ph.D. programme for July 2021 session is open to FULL TIME and PART TIME research scholar applicants, in the faculty of Engineering, Sciences and Management.
Fellowship of Rs. 15,000/‐ per month will be awarded to deserving full time research scholars.
Ph.D (Full –Time / Part-Time)
1. Applications are invited for admission into Research Programme offered by GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE in the subject areas as indicated in Appendix-I.|
2. Candidates belonging to the following categories need not appear for the written Test but need to appear a personal interview.
i. Those who have qualified and possess a valid score in UGC-Net/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ ICMR/GATE/GPAT/SLET/ teacher Fellowship.
ii. Those with M.Phil Degree.
3. Candidates admitted into Full-time Ph.D programme should not undertake any assignment/ employment or shall not pursue any other full-time programme of study simultaneously.
4. The last date for submission of application is 08th November 2021.
5. GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE reserves the right to admit or not to admit the candidates into any research programme.
1. Candidates have to submit application online gita.edu.in, For details and instructions, please visit|
GITA AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE web site: gita.edu.in
2. Director (R & D) office will not take any responsibility for the non receipt of application on time.
3. After filling the online form, a application will be generated and will be available in your mail. You must email the signed copy of the application and along with all relevant documents to [email protected]
1. Admission shall be based on the marks secured in the Online Test and Interview, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and the rules of reservation.|
2. The following certificates are to be submitted along with online application
(a) Date birth (SSC/ Matriculation or Equivalent certificates)
(b) Postgraduate Degree/ M.Phil. Degree or Provisional Certificates as applicable
(c) GATE/NET etc. valid scores, if applicable
3. The following Certificates (In original) are to be presented at the time of admission for verification:
(a) Postgraduate Degree/ M.Phil Degree or Provisional certificates as applicable.
(b) Marks Statement of the qualifying examination
(c) Transfer and Conduct certificate from the Institute where the candidate last studied.
(d) GATE/NET etc. valid scores, if applicable.
(e) Migration certificate.
(f) Date of Birth (SSC/Matriculation or equivalent Certificates).
(g) Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority in case of SC/ST candidates.
(h) Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon in case of PHC.
(i) Physical Fitness certificate.
(j) Service certificate and “No Objection” certificate from the present employer (for part-time candidates only.)
|Entrance Test Fees : Rs 500/- to be paid online|
| Bank Details
Payee: GITA Bhubneswar
Account Number: 7655002100000228
IFSC Code: PUNB0765500
|FORM FOR Ph.D. REGISTRATION LINK|